Event/Group Sales Associate
The Event/Group Sales Associate is responsible for selling the amazing experience of FlyingTee and work directly with our guests to build the perfect event. The primary focus for the GSA will be developing partnerships with corporate clients, non-profit organizations, schools and community groups from an outside sales perspective. The GSA will be expected to build these relationships through networking in the community. This position pays salary plus commission.
- Strives to deliver an amazing guest experience from original contact through post event follow up.
- Partners with sales team to foster a fun and engaging work environment and leads by example.
- Build customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business, while maintaining extensive knowledge of the current market.
- Proactively engages in outbound sales activity to grow event sales. Measurable sales plans to be made in coordination with the Director of Sales direction for such activity.
- Proactively strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and consistency in the sales organization.
- Works to ensure all organization objectives assigned by DOS are completed in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement and communicates them with the DOS.
- Works in tandem with Operations Team to ensure flawless execution for ALL events. This includes all communication on any changes/updates to events and any specific needs for a successful event based on the guest expectations.
- Maintains professional partnerships by participating in professional societies such as Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors bureaus to drive awareness of FlyingTee as directed by DOS.
- Maintains ongoing contact with customers through thank you letters, follow up calls and seeking feedback on events and requesting referrals.
- Maintains all BEOs and prepares BEO packages for all meetings.
- Maintains professional demeanor and confidentiality.
- 2 years sales and hospitality experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of CRM programs.
- Flexible hours. Able to work weekends and evening shifts as directed by DOS.
- Strong interpersonal, people and communication skills which include the ability to write and verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure.
- Excellent energy, self-motivated.
- Strong ability to establish working relationships with employees, management and vendors and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Base Salary plus commission
Benefits package for full time employees